Sunday, August 19, 2012

#SAGApupVolt Is Forty Two Weeks Old

Volt was still on 32.2kg on the vet's scale today. I have increased his food to 200g Purina One All Breed Puppy Formula twice a day, and when its warm again I'll decrease it to 190g again.
The histiocytoma on Volt's head is healing nicely, and I continue to doctor it with Bactroban twice a day. I didn't go back to the vet after two weeks as the bump was healing very nicely and I am sure it will be gone in another week. Another vet visit is an unnecessary expense, especially since they are positive it is a histiocytoma and not something malignant.
If you want to read about it, I blogged this week about the obedience class we had at SAGA and you can read about it here.
His "recall" re-training is coming along nicely, and he is so good on lead! He still loves to put his nose to the ground which is a bad thing, but its as if a switch has been thrown in his head with being on lead- he is so responsive and slows down to match my speed if I slow down too. Its fantastic.
playing in the garden 
asleep on the back seat of the car while waiting for daddy at the Gautrain station 
my Volt is so super patient with me... LOL!

click on the puppy to make a donation to SAGA

Don't forget to check out the Twitter hash-tag #SAGApupVolt to see regular updates on my puppy raising adventure!
Follow @SAGuide_Dogs on Twitter and on Facebook!

0 comments: