Thursday, February 21, 2008

Greebo and Damien

When I brought my beautifully sleek, silky, black Greebo home, I had visions of this gorgeous black cat and I spending all our time together. I saw fuzzy dream-like images of him sleeping on my bed with me and curling up on the couch with me and and and... But it was not to be. He was not going to be "my cat". He intensely dislikes being held and cuddled except when I get home from work- I am allowed maybe 10 seconds of snuggling and then he wants to go down again. From day one- though he spent a lot of time with me while he was an "only" cat- Damien was very definitely his preferred companion. I managed to delude myself for a while. My bringing Taxi home as a kitten was absolutely the last catnip though. Greebo made a point of ignoring me- like sitting on the coffee table in front of me with his back to me. It took months for him to decide to like me enough to sit on the couch with me for a bit... He now ONLY sleeps on my bed with me if Damien has been away from home for 3 nights or more. Otherwise he sleeps on Damien's couch and bed- waiting for him to arrive and take up his position.

0 comments: