Sunday, July 15, 2012

#RiddickPup Is Fifteen Weeks Old

Our puppy weighs 13.4kg today so he's gained 1.8kg since last week!
From today he will be eating 150g of Nutriphase Puppy three times a day and I am very impressed with it. Its not the most expensive food on the market but Riddick likes it and he's growing nicely. His poops look great too which is awesome since I have to do a lot of pooper scooping with four dogs at home!
Now that he's comfortable with climbing the stairs in the house, he goes up and down as he pleases. In the morning he comes downstairs with me and all the dogs go outside for busies. Then they get breakfast and then if he and Volt don't get to playing, Riddick heads back upstairs and goes to sleep on our bed snuggled up next to my husband! I have lots to do in the morning so I can't go back to bed, but Riddick does, LOL! Once my hubby is up and dressed, Riddick comes back downstairs with him. Its so cute. And he loves lying on the landing at the top of the stairs watching cars and people go past in the street outside.
people watching out the big staircase window
When we go upstairs to bed at night after last "busies" at 11pm, Riddick gets to get up on our bed and he falls asleep there- usually on the spot where myself or my husband would normally be sleeping! He doesn't lie there long before heading for his box on the floor.

Riddick has discovered that the ottomans in the livingroom are easier to get onto than the couches and this is his new place to chill- if there isn't already a cat lying on it!

Riddick is doing really well with car travel. He falls asleep in the front foot well very quickly and hardly makes a sound anymore.

And here is a completely gratuitous picture of my sleepy puppy asleep on the couch next to me.


Ooh and you can also read about last week's puppy class and his check up at the Jo'burg Animal Eye Hospital.

0 comments: