Thursday, July 12, 2012

#SAGApupVolt And A Visit To The Vet


During one of our handling sessions I found what looked like a wart on the inside of Volt's left front leg. I didn't head to the vet immediately as SAGA said I could just keep an eye on it to make sure it didn't get bigger or start to suppurate.
I didn't really think it was growing, but it did start getting little scabs on and I caught Volt licking it a couple of times so I thought it might be itching or annoying him.

I then asked SAGA what they thought and we agreed I should take him to the vet. Dogs can get warts though its not very common.

The vet quickly removed it with local anaesthetic and Volt went home with two stitches and a sexy blue bandage on his leg. The bandage came off this afternoon and the stitches will come out in a week or so.
BVH will send it off to be tested- just in case- and I will keep checking to make sure Volt doesn't get any more of them, but the vet also thought it was nothing more serious than a wart.



This is part of why the handling sessions are so important- finding little injuries or bumps or things you wouldn't find at a casual glance.

click on the puppy to make a donation to SAGA

Don't forget to check out the Twitter hash-tag #SAGApupVolt to see regular updates on my puppy raising adventure!
Follow @SAGuide_Dogs on Twitter and on Facebook!

0 comments: