Monday, July 30, 2012

#SAGApupVolt Is Thirty Nine Weeks Old

He's nine months old today!
I had a very busy week this week and as a result I didn't get very many photographs of my boy. I also didn';t get to the vet this morning to weigh him.
His wart removal "injury" has healed nicely, and then this morning his right eye was puffy and red again! Ugh! I am treating him with isee (eye ointment) and I will be keeping a close eye on it. It seems he and Riddick are again chewing on my cycad and I think he stuck himself on the very sharp, spiky leaves.
We've made huge progress on his "positive dog distraction" and on his "pulling" (on lead) in the last week and I am very happy with that! We have a home visit from our SAGA PDS this Tuesday and they will be checking out how we're doing with walking, people greeting (he does love people...) and so on.
Hold thumbs for us that our "inspection" goes well!
:D
On Saturday night we went to my cousin's thirtieth birthday party and Volt was on-lead all night. He was an absolute superstar with LOADS of children coming to talk to him and pet him and jumping around in front of him! He didn't flinch! I took one of the dogs' blankets with us and Volt stayed on his blanket almost all night and everyone was very impressed with how well he behaved and how he was with the children!


He was completely worn out by the time we got home but I gave him a hoof to chew on as a reward anyway.

click on the puppy to make a donation to SAGA
Don't forget to check out the Twitter hash-tag #SAGApupVolt to see regular updates on my puppy raising adventure!
Follow @SAGuide_Dogs on Twitter and on Facebook!

0 comments: